We are the youth ministry of Soma Eastside Church, consisting of both high school and middle school students. Sometimes, we gather together. Other times, we gather separately.
Regardless, we’re all family here.
If you have any questions or are interested in getting connected, please contact Pastor Tyler Saldaña: or 425.390.0003
To see our calendar for gatherings, events, and trips, keep scrolling down the page or follow us on instagram: @somaeastsideyouth
Follow our Instagram account.
If you'd like to be included on our Parent Email list, please email .
If you and/or your student are looking for pastoral care or counseling, please email Pastor Tyler at or call him at 425.395.0003.
Other Help options:
- Suicide - 1.800.273.8255
- Abuse - 1.800.799.7233
- Friends of Youth - 425.392.6367
H I G H S C H O O L N I G H T
- Monday nights
- Gathering 6:30p - 8:00p
- Guys + Girls Groups 8:00p - 9:00p
M I D D L E S C H O O L N I G H T
- Monday nights
- Gathering & Groups 6:30p - 8:00p
H I G H S C H O O L G U Y S & G I R L S G R O U P S
- Monday nights after HS Gathering 8:00pm - 9:00pm
L O C A T I O N
- Covenant Presbyterian Church
- 22116 SE 51st Pl, Issaquah, WA 98029
S U N D A Y M O R N I N G S
- Every Sunday morning at Pacific Cascade Middle School during the message (except the 4th Sunday of every month)
- December 9
- Friends welcome
- White elephant gift exchange (a new, wrapped gift valued $10-$15)
- Register here.
- February 14-17
- 4 days and 3 nights at The Enzian Inn in Leavenworth, WA
- High School and Middle School; separate sessions
T H E E S C A P E 2 0 2 0
Parent Lab Notes
SEXUALITY & GENDER
Over summer, our High School Group began discussing faith, sexuality, and gender.
Parents/guardians and students: we recommend ordering a few resources for the conversations:
- Preston Sprinkle's Living in a Gray World (Teen-oriented)
- Preston Sprinkle's People to Be Loved
- Mark Yarhouse's Understanding Sexual Identity (Teen-oriented)
- Mark Yarhouse's Understanding Gender Dysphoria
We also recommend checking out this introduction video Dear Church: I'm Gay.
- Theology in the Raw is Preston Sprinkle's podcast. There, he interviews people from varying life experiences as well as varying views. If you explore his feed, you'll find some interesting and challenging interviews.
This is an ongoing conversation that has a lot more gray than black-and-white. If you'd like to talk with someone about faith, sexuality, and gender, please reach out to Tyler Saldaña or one of our other leaders.