DISCIPLESHIP, NURTURE & ACCOUNTABILITY
The mission of God is to restore all things to himself in and through the work and person of Jesus Christ. His chosen vehicle through which he is accomplishing that mission is the church. As God restores us to himself, he is also restoring us to be who he intends us to be. This restoring work does not happen in isolation, but rather in and through our relationships with each other as family. We do not do it alone. We need each other.
What is a DNA Group?
A DNA Group usually consist of three people—men with men, women with women—who meet together weekly to be known and to bring the gospel to bear on each others lives so that they grow in and live out our Identity and Rhythms. DNA Groups are not about seeking the approval of people; God’s approval—the only approval that matters—is already ours because of Jesus’ perfect life, death and resurrection which makes us perfect. (Galatians 1:10; 2 Corinthians 5:21)
- Remind each other of our new Identity in Jesus Christ (a child of God; an ambassador of the King; a servant of the creator of the universe; a learner who is being made whole).
- Admonish and teach one another to obey Jesus’ commands. (Matthew 28:18-20; Colossians 3:15-17)
- Train each other to serve in tangible ways. (Ephesians 4:11-3)
- Get to know one another’s stories, listening closely to each other and to the Holy Spirit so we can carefully and empathetically direct each other to truth. (John 16:7-15)
- Check one another’s passions: How are you doing? Who are you loving well? Not so well? Where are you living in fear? What can we celebrate with you? What are you struggling through? (Romans 12:10,15)
- Pray with and for each other. (Romans 12:12; Ephesians 6:18; James 5:16)
- Encourage each other to live out what we believe through making goals and helping each other fulfill them. (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Review the past week and how faithful we have been in keeping our word.
- Speak the truth in love as we see areas of sin (Ephesians 4:14-16), correcting and rebuking with God’s Word when necessary. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
Pathways into a DNA Group:
- Express your interest to your Missional Community leader and ask them to help you get into a DNA group.
- Find friends who want to form a DNA group, and run that by your Missional Community leader or an elder.
Gospel DNA is our guide for DNA groups to get grounded in understanding how to apply the gospel to their lives.